Running Errands, Take II

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I must say I have been amazed at the response I got from writing about my riding to run errands. Some said I must have been bored, other enjoyed it different ways. I try to blog every trip I make on my motorcycle, so errands are included!!

So here is another round of errands. First stop to save some big money at Menard's. I took off heading west on Tenth Street, then going north on Shadeland Avenue. At Pendleton Pike, I turned west and south until the Menard's Entrance. After I bought some Fluorescent Tape to mark turns on the Poker Run for Gathering of Eagles, I headed out into the heat for my second stop.

Back on Pendleton Pike, north and east this time. I cruised along the busy stretch of pavement, and beared due north on Post Road. So named for the Post, Fort Harrison, that the road divides. Star Financial Bank is on 56th Street, so I turned east on it, and made a deposit at the bank.

The man who taught me how to ride in the first place was my dad, and his day was coming up on Sunday. Alas, I would be 300 miles away in West Virginia, so I was heading to get his Father's Day Gift. In the past, I have given him Gift Certificates. In the past, he has asked for a gift, but then bought the item before birthdays, Christmas, Father's Day, etc.! This year I thought I would surprise him, and get him a new cordless drill. I felt sorry for him when he was helping me on my roof, and his drill didn't have enough power, or the batteries always seemed to be dying.

I went further east on 56th Street, over some railroad track, and then turned south on Mithoffer. This would lead right to Washington Square Mall. After the four and half mile ride south, I arrived back at Tenth Street, a couple miles east of home, and at the mall. I parked near the Sear's Customer Pickup, as I had already bought the drill on line, just needed to pick it up. Since the drill was the biggest item I was getting, I walked into the mall, got a card, got a cherry Slurpee, was dying for one of those, and a cable at Radio Shack. Interestingly enough, one thing Radio Shack doesn't not sell anymore: RADIOS!! How do they get away with that?

The drill didn't fit in any of my luggage, but I had come prepared with Bungee Cords, and I strapped it down to the bike, and headed for home. Not a complicated trip, just west on Washington Street.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans