A Fine Commute

Tuesday, June 12th, 2007

Well, you might have noticed that I have not posted a lot about rides to work. It is not that I haven't been riding, it is that I haven't been working!! At the end of April, I decided to take the plunge and go full into business for myself. So when I have had to work lately, the weather wasn't so good.

Today, the weather would be darn near perfect! I started at 7am, by rolling The Black Pearl back out of the garage, weaving between the three cars in our driveway. The bike fired up, I grabbed the direct route to The Cummins Television Network Center in the GPS, and began following the pink line. I had hundred miles on the tank, and I was hoping the fuel light wouldn't come on for a bit, so I wouldn't have to stop along the way.

I started out going west on East Washington Street, and taking the ramp to south Shadeland Avenue, shortly after beginning my trip. Shadeland would take me south until it merges in with I-465, the Circle City's Beltway.

The traffic seemed a little light on this section of highway, at least until I got between the Emerson Exit, and the ramps to I-65. The cars and trucks bunched up, and I had increased my alertness.

I rolled up the ramp to I-65 South, passed a couple of Semis, and took my place behind a car that was going at a good speed. The traffic was light, the scenery old in my mind, so I was glad I was burning up the miles to get there on time.

I am on I-65 for the better part of this trip, 43 miles in total. The traffic thins a lot before I get to the US 31 South Exit at Edinburgh. You probably have never heard of of the town unless you are in the military, and went through the nearby base, or you are shopper, and have visited the Outlet Mall that consumes the town!

I am on US 31 for four and half miles, and along this section, Bill, one of the full time employees of Cummins Television, passed me in his Grey Jeep, waving as he did. I decided to switch lines, and follow him in.

We take the ramp to Indianapolis Avenue, and short trip to the studios. Had a guy in a red Chevy Blazer cut in front of me, tailgate Bill, and then pass several cars at once when we got on the Avenue. I guess him being on time is much more important than any of our lives or sanity!!

Since I did arrive safe and sound, it was time to get down to work!

After work, which was nice day, as I feel like I did really good work, and the presenters were all very good, including the new guy!! I was able to take off with the Business Manager, riding along the drive with him on his Harley.

I went north on Indianapolis Avenue, which like this morning and Shadeland Avenue, merges and end into another road. This time I would blend on US 31 North. I would just nearly reach I-65 before I pulled into the Shell to get that fuel I needed. That fuel light was looking pretty bright.

With a full load of fuel, I was on my way home. I wanted to take US 31 North to I 465 to check out a hotel for Gathering of Eagles 12, which will more than likly be held in Indianapolis in 2008. US 31 is like a two lane country road at first, but as it runs through Franklin and Greenwood, it gets busier and busier. The hotel was right on the corner of the ramp for I 465. I got the name and will have to research on the internet, and give them a call soon.

I took 465 back to Washington Street, but I had a few other stops to make, so instead of heading west to near home, I went east to Office Depot. Need to get some ink for the printer.

The next stop was Ace Hardware, back the other way, so I headed west on Washington Street until Arlington Avenue. I took that north just past Tenth Street, and pulled into the Ace Hardware, which is housed in an old movie theater building.

After making my purchase of some super glue, I returned to Tenth Street, and headed east once again. Only a couple of miles to home, and i could feel the air beginning to warm. It was supposed to be warmer today, and then go up the rest of the week!

When I pulled up the driveway, I saw two boxes near the door, one is my baffle and exhaust tip, and the other is noise eliminator for my MP3 Player. Looks like I can do little work on the old girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, and the Gravel, and the Rain, Again.

Less About the Riding